Are you up for the challenge?
Enter one of the three swimathon challenges and support your local aquatics sports clubs in this exciting fundraising event.
You can choose to take part in the 1.5k Challenge, 2.5k Challenge or 5k Challenge as an individual or in teams of 2-5 swimmers. This event is for all swimmers of all levels over the age of 8.
Sign up as a team $20.00 or $10.00 for an individual Swimmer.
Saturday 19 August - 4pm start
Sunday 20 August - 8am start
You can register at Levin Aquatics Centre or fill in the print registration form below.
Swimathon Registration Form (Print Version)
Aquatics Horowhenua would like to give special thanks to all of our sponsors.
Gernius - Facebook
Lemonface Design - Facebook
Kapinua NZ - Facebook
All caregivers and participants are to submit a Swimathon Registration Form form before beginning the Swimathon.
Individual & Team Distance Challenge Rules
- Please arrive at the Levin Aquatic Centre 30 minutes before the event is due to start, you will need to sign in at reception and be allocated to a lane.
- You will be given a swim cap upon arrival, please wear this in the pool for participant identification on the day. Use of personal swim caps is only allowed upon consent from the pool in which you are undertaking your challenge.
- In the interest of safety, diving is not permitted.
- You can use alternate strokes if you wish. For health and safety reasons, backstroke is not permitted.
- It is important to observe lane etiquette and avoid congestion in the pool. If the swimmer behind you touches your feet this is a signal for you to allow them to pass at the end of the next length.
- Only overtake when it is safe to do so. Aquatics Horowhenua recommends overtaking at the end of each length.
- You are able to enter and exit the pool during your challenge, but the stopwatch will not be paused if this happens.
- The use of any equipment, such as buoyancy aids, fins or paddles that will assist you with your swim, is not permitted. A medical request for the use of equipment is acceptable.
Team Distance Challenge Rules
- All team members must be registered prior to the event day and will have completed a form with their team name clearly stated. Registered email addresses would have received a confirmation email that is sent shortly after the initial registration. Registering the team captain only is NOT sufficient but the team captain is the person that the entry fee will be collected from.
- Teams may consist of 2-5 swimmers.
- Team members must have the same colour swim cap.
- Only one team member can swim at a time. The challenge is performed in relay format in one lane.
- Team members are able to enter the pool more than once during the challenge.
- Each team member can swim differing distances to add up to the challenge total (5k, 2.5k, 1.5k), as long as one team member is swimming at a time. Once one team member has finished their distance, another team member is allowed to enter the pool to continue the challenge (relay format).
Entry fee is to accompany registration form. Payment can be made via Internet banking or in person at the Levin Aquatic Centre.
Internet Banking Payments:
If paying by Internet Banking, our Bank Account Details are: Levin Aquatic Centre, 02 0668 0070 607 002. Please ensure you include Swimathon and the swimmers full name in the Particulars section.
You can pay by cheque, EFTPOS or by cash, by visiting Levin Aquatic Centre.
On completion of this form you will receive an email with a PDF copy of your submitted form, please bring a printed copy of this to Levin Aquatic Centre to accompany the payment.